The American Animal Cruelty Investigations School (AACIS) issues plastic certification cards to students that complete any of the investigations or animal control officer certification courses. There are currently four different types of certification cards that AACIS issues. These card are colored coded as follows:
- Blue – Animal Cruelty Investigator certification card
- Green – Animal Control Officer certification card
- Orange – Animal Shelter Technician certification card
- Black – AACIS Certified Instructor certification card
Certification Card Expiration Date
While your certification training with AACIS does not expire, the certification card is only valid for three years and must be replaced with an updated photo prior to the expiration date printed on the front of the card. Certification cards expire in December, three years from the year the card was issued (i.e. certification cards issued in 2021 will expire December 31, 2024).
AACIS requires a driver license-type photo of the student for processing. The photo requirements are as follows:
- The photo must be taken in front of a solid, light-colored (preferably white) background.
- Do not wear a hat or sunglasses for the photo.
- Make sure that the photo is a close-up including your entire face and neck.
- The image must be clear and at least 800 pixels wide and 800 pixels high.